Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Who Was the Oddest Super Pet?

Now Superman had Krypto, who was pretty weird...but I dunno, a kryptonian dog really does not seem to be stretching it TOO much.

The same, I think, would have to go for all of Supergirl's pets. The horse, the monkey and the cat.

So who does that leave us with?

I suggest either of the following...

1. Ace the Bat Hound.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, the idea of Batman having a dog really is not THAT odd. I mean, dogs can be pretty useful. No, the thing that makes it super odd to me is that he gave Ace a MASK! A MASK, people! So that, you know, people wouldn't guess Ace's secret identity!!! Hahah...Batman must have been really bored that day, no? "No crime tonight? Ah well...hey, let's make the dog a costume!"

2. Streak the Wonder Dog.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I do not know if I even should have mentioned Ace, as that was a bit dishonest, as I sorta knew I was going to go with Streak from the beginning.

Streak was Alan Scott's dog, and he was basically like Lassie. The kicker, though, was that Streak became so popular (or Alan became so UNpopular) that, by the end of Green Lantern's own series, two of the last four covers on the title belonged ONLY to Streak!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hahahaha...man, Alan Scott must have been soooo embarrassed. That Streak sure liked leaping, didn't he?

In any event, Streak the Wonder Dog is my pick for oddest super pet.

What do you folks think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Johann said...

notice in the last 2 covers--streak seemed to have the same action pose...

4/24/2005 7:22 PM  
Blogger Scipio said...

Oo, thanks for reminding us about Streak!

He might win if you stick with the Golden Age. But include the Silver Age, and Streak won't even make top ten.

I mean...Itty? MAJOR MYNAH!?!?!?

4/24/2005 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home