Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Coolest Barbershop in Comics

Since the new Fantastic Four movie is being directed by the director of the film, Barbershop, it is only right to mention the coolest barbershop in comics - namely, the S.H.I.E.L.D. barbershop!

First introduced in Strange Tales #136 (the second appearance of S.H.I.E.L.D. period), the barbershop (most certainly influenced by the laundromat secret entrance on the Man from U.N.C.L.E.) was the cover to the entrance of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secret headquarters.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Every time S.H.I.E.L.D. was attacked, they would move the main entrance (at one point, it was at a pizza parlor!).

In addition, soon the hydraulic system would be replaced.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The new system used holograms rather than long chutes.

You have to love the old security of S.H.I.E.L.D., they'd let almost anyone into the chutes, and at the end of the line, they'd be ready with a couple of agents with guns.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Perhaps it was not the most efficient system (as S.H.I.E.L.D. dropped it altogether in the 90s), but it was most certainly the coolest!

(Images courtesy of this really cool S.H.I.E.L.D. website.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home