Friday, December 09, 2005

Hello out there

After discovering this blog I found it a really refreshing change of pace. A comics blog that doesn't bitch and moan about creators, continuity and costumes? I didn't know that was even allowed. So when I read Brian's call to arms I thought, 'this is something I'd like to be a part of.'

Because I just plain like comics.

I know, I know, it's not very deep and certainly not profound, but it's the truth. It all started when I was growing up in the 1980s and used to read all the Marvel UK titles (Transformers, Wildcat, Thundercats, The Complete Spider-man, Mask, etc.) In later years I moved onto American comics and after the initial fanboy move of buying everything X-related, moved on to a more diverse (though still mostly Marvel) range of comics. Today things are a little different. I've moved onto Trades for one thing, and I buy a few more DC (If Y the last man and backissues of the Giffen Justice League count as a few), but one thing is still the same.

I still like comics, and if you guys do too then I think we'll get along just fine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Do you remember when Barry Kitson was working at Marvel UK?

12/09/2005 8:16 PM  
Blogger Gary Smith said...

You know, it's amazing how many 'hot' writers and artists I can remember first noticing in that period. Grant Morrison on Zoids, Barry Kitson on Transformers, Salvador Larroca on DH2, Carlos Pacheo on Dark Guard, Bryan Hitch on various bits and bobs - quite a list of people.

Then there are the artists I used to like who seem to have dropped off the radar. Does anyone know what happened to Geoff Senior and Lee Sullivan, two guys whose art I used to really enjoy?

12/10/2005 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home