Friday, December 09, 2005

Hello out there

After discovering this blog I found it a really refreshing change of pace. A comics blog that doesn't bitch and moan about creators, continuity and costumes? I didn't know that was even allowed. So when I read Brian's call to arms I thought, 'this is something I'd like to be a part of.'

Because I just plain like comics.

I know, I know, it's not very deep and certainly not profound, but it's the truth. It all started when I was growing up in the 1980s and used to read all the Marvel UK titles (Transformers, Wildcat, Thundercats, The Complete Spider-man, Mask, etc.) In later years I moved onto American comics and after the initial fanboy move of buying everything X-related, moved on to a more diverse (though still mostly Marvel) range of comics. Today things are a little different. I've moved onto Trades for one thing, and I buy a few more DC (If Y the last man and backissues of the Giffen Justice League count as a few), but one thing is still the same.

I still like comics, and if you guys do too then I think we'll get along just fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Do you remember when Barry Kitson was working at Marvel UK?

12/09/2005 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home