Monday, December 12, 2005

Things That Make Me Smile (Part 1 in an ongoing series)

Peter Milligan and Mike Allred's X-Force/X-Statix was one of the comics that got me interested in the medium again after not reading them regularly in for many years. It turned me on to Milligan and Allred's work, making them two of my favorite creators. Dr. Strange is a character whose Steve Ditko-drawn adventures I've become quite fond of through Marvel's Essential reprint series. They may seem like two great tastes that wouldn't taste great together, but if this splash page, inked by Allred and drawn by Nick Dragotta, from the upcoming X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl mini-series should definitely be the kind of comic that makes me smile. I challenge anyone to not at least grin at the site of a the good Doctor enjoying his tea and scone in an alternate dimension.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

YES!!! X-statix or was it X-force? Got me to go back to the comic shop. While there I also started to read DRant Morrison's X-men run and Straczynski's Spider-man. I liked all of these, although I dropped Spider-man. I'm not loving the Milligan X-men as much, though. X-statix was great, I'm glad others agree!

12/15/2005 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home