Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Top Five Heroes Kyle Rayner Should Have a Team-Up With

Yeah, I know, I know, Kyle sorta has done the whole "team-up with pretty much every hero ever" shtick already, but I think there are still some DC heroes out there that he HASN'T teamed up with (and no, it does not count if, say, Kyle and this other hero were both in the Bloodlines Annual or something like that. A REAL team-up! But it DOES count if they were both on the same team at the same time.) that would be cool to see. Here are the top five.

5. Bronze Tiger

Okay, I admit it, I just want to see more Bronze Tiger stories.

4. Nemesis

Same here.

But dammit, I bet there is a really good Kyle Rayner/Nemesis story out there somewhere!!!

3. Dr. Light

I'd like to see her use her light powers with Kyle's ring in a similar fashion to how Captain Marvel II used his powers. Wouldn't that be a neat scene? The two of them teaming up to defeat some nasty ass monster by Kyle channeling his energy into her as she blasts the bad guy?

2. Mister Miracle

I can just see Kyle going to see one of Miracle's shows, but the trap goes wrong, and Miracle gets trapped in some wacky dimension, and Kyle has to follow in to help Miracle in his escape.

And it's always neat to see Kyle have cosmic adventures

1. Nightwing

GAH!!!

HOW HAVE THESE TWO NOT TEAMED UP?!?!

I cannot think of a more obvious team-up than this one.

Okay, folks, any people you'd prefer to see on this list?

Or are any of you going to do the dreaded, "Actually, Brian, Kyle and Nightwing had a team-up in issue #___"?!?!

7 Comments:

Blogger James Meeley said...

I'd like to see a team-up between Kyle and Starman (Jack Knight). They both have the stigma of having a legacy shoved onto them. They both were very novice heroes for some time and they both are pretty down to Earth guys, despite being heroes.

A team-up between them seems even more obvious than the one between Kyle and Nightwing.

1/04/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Kyle and Dick were both Titans (just not at the same time).

Kyle dated one of Dick's best friends, Donna Troy.

Kyle and Dick were both members of the JLA (just not at the same time).

Kyle and Dick are both really good friends with Wally West.

These two guys would have a lot to talk about!

1/04/2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Kyle and Jack would be good, too, though!!

1/04/2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Nightwing? Something about that character has always seemed a bit like they're trying too hard. I'm a big Batman fan and I do like Nightwing, but my like is limited.

1/04/2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Ragnell said...

Actually, I think Ron Marz said somewhere in that Q&A session on Comic-Bloc that he wanted a Nightwing/Kyle teamup, but never got the chance.

And I've said it before in many places, I'll say it again here: I badly want to see Kyle Rayner team up with time-traveling Barry Allen. At the same time Wally teams up with Hal.

It's a dream of mine.

1/05/2006 5:25 AM  
Blogger kalinara said...

My only problem with a Nightwing and Kyle teamup is that...well...they're awfully similar looking aren't they?

I mean they're both tall, well-built in a lithe way, they both wear extremely tight, form fitting spandex that seems even more showy than the usual. They're pale skinned, dark haired, light-eyed...

They both tend to be acrobatic when they fight (though Dick, moreso, of course)

Heck, even their height/weights are the same according to the Secret Files (which are admittedly dubious in accuracy)

Now of course costuming is different, but if the artist isn't good or careful...it might get really confusing.

Hmm, though you know what might be fun? Batman. :-) (Though I've always thought Kyle and Bruce's interactions reminded me most of Batman Beyond's Terry and Bruce).

But it'd be fun!

1/05/2006 5:31 AM  
Blogger Ragnell said...

They can exchange clothing, then!

1/05/2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home